Well, I finished my first week on Keto. And I have to say, it was rough. You never notice how much you crave carbs until you cut them out. But it is entirely worth it. I lost 8 pounds in my first week, which is extraordinary given that I don’t have much to lose. I’m sure a lot of that is water weight and it will even out over the next few weeks, but it’s still a good start.
Starting off, I would eat a tremendous amount of spinach and chicken; mostly because I hadn’t quite figured out what I could and couldn’t have. I’ve since been learning what foods are high in fat and low in carbs and balancing them on a day to day basis. I calculated that my macros are at about 75%, 20%, and 5%; fat, protein, and carbs, respectively.
I reached a state of ketosis by my third day; which came at a cost. The keto flu happens when your body transitions from burning carbs, to creating the enzymes required to burn fat. When it happened, it was brutal. I was practically incapacitated for an hour or so. If you want to try this, I can’t stress enough the amount of water and salt you need. I’ve even gotten into the habit of drinking chicken broth for the sodium.
Other things I’ve done in this past week has been to intensify my workouts, which has surely helped, and attempt to get a proper nights sleep. I’ll update again at a month.
- 10/10 https://t.co/K0zeXFmJyT2 hours ago
- I’ve had setting up a Pi-Hole on my list of things to do now for years. Glad I finally got around to it. An addit… https://t.co/VCAEyhduMZ4 days ago
- https://t.co/ai5zOtmbzj8 days ago
- RT @OscarTheGrouch: SCRAM. GO HOME. AND STAY THERE!!!8 days ago
- no context @weaslenut @MrDowdyJr @DustyDonovan @smash_32 https://t.co/eUjwQPfMxy8 days ago